Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bigger and better smiles!!!

I have not updated this in a little while for a couple reasons....one is that there has not been a whole lot of new stuff to blog about. That is actually a good thing for Jude. He remains fairly stable....hair still fallen out but seems to have stopped. It is thin for sure I guess, but he is not totally bald. He has enjoyed pulling it out himself...and did not want Jeni to shave his little head. He is saying all klinds of words, just slowly. He is reading things too....he is just having to practice and it takes more time than before. The great thing is that he is constantly improving little by little. They have been able to go on a few outings which is wonderful. That is the thing I felt bad about during my visit.....not for me....but for THEM!!! It has been difficult on so many levels for Jeni (Jay and Jude too I know) and being able to get a "break" from the normal routine of hospital stuff must be a welcome event. I can only imagine!!! I have a few pics to post that show the smiles and fun. Jude recently had the pleasure of having his auntie and uncle come visit...the aunt he adores!!!!! I'm sure that helped make his smiles bigger for sure! I know they have missed him terribly too and I would imagine many hugs, kisses and tears were shared by all. Jeni, Jude and Jay will be coming home in July I believe for a few weeks.....I know I personally am very very very happy about this. The family must be ecstatic about seeing them back HOME....even if temporary until he receives his chemotherapy. I know many friends also share these feelings....it seems like such a long time that they have been away. I hope to talk to Jeni on the phone tomorrow...I am having Jeni withdrawals. haha She is a ray of sunshine....I miss her infectious laugh. She warms my heart. Little Jude is going to be so welcomed by ALL....what a trooper. He has most certainly been through A LOT!!!!! I know you are all keeping them in your thoughts and prayers....as am I.

My other reason for not updating this blog has been pure busy-ness on my part. My sincere apologies. I actually miss being there and knowing and seeing all that they have happening.